Started in 1967, Union Square Association “serves to promote preservation, conservation, and to improve the quality of life in Union Square Historic District and surrounding areas.” Our association is very active. In addition to the association’s monthly meetings, we participate in city-wide clean-ups, host annual events, and serve on various committees to help better the lives of our residents.
Meetings are normally held monthly on first Mondays, 7 pm, at the Neighborhood Design Center, 1401 Hollins Street. Everyone in the Union Square community is welcome to the monthly meetings. This is your neighborhood association, please come out and make your voice heard!
There is an almost-weekly E-blast with events and news. Sign up here.
Mail: P. O. Box 4496, Baltimore, MD, 21223
Please feel free to reach out with any questions!
2019 Board Members:
- Donnell Nance, Events & Youth/School Liaison
- Salvatore Seeley, Greening
- Ivan Leshinsky Sports & Fitness
- Michael Johnson, Neighborhood Engagement
- Vacant, Streetscape
- Jacob Booher, Public Safety
- Lucy Steinitz, Grants
- Jennifer French, Legal
Membership in the Association
You can become a member by living in or around Union Square, attending at least one meeting in the calendar year, and paying membership dues (below).
Members have the right to:
• Make motions and vote at all meetings except the Board of Directors (hereinafter referred to as the Board) meetings,
• Nominate officers and members of the Board,
• Be nominated, self-nominated, elected, or appointed to the Board,
• Call a special meeting of the Association, and
• Attend and address the Board at any Board meeting without having to notify the Board in advance.
Annual dues for regular membership are $5. Dues can be paid by cash or check at an association meeting, or online, using the button below.
We are a 501c3 organization and donations are tax-deductible. Donations can be given directly to the Treasurer by cash or check, or online, using the button below.