NAGUS: How To Apply
1 – Who is eligible to be a candidate?
Everybody over the age of 18 living and working in Maryland.
2 – When can you apply as a candidate?
For the September 2018 NAGUS exhibition, from Friday, June 15, until Saturday, July 21, 2018, 9pm.
3 – What can you submit?
The exhibition/fair is open to any form of art, including but not limited to:
• furniture and other forms of functional design (ceramic, wood, metal, textile, etc)
• works on paper
• mixed media
Some of the work can, as well, be displayed outdoors in Union Square park or private yard.
No theme will be imposed, however, each piece submitted should be recent and must not have been previously exhibited in a major art competition nor, in case of functional design, be already edited.
4 – How to answer the artist call?
1 — Fill out the information form and you will receive a file number. You will have until Saturday the 21 of July 2018, 9pm, to submit your portfolio (PDF).
2 – The entire artist portfolio must be submitted in PDF (letter format) only. 5 images minimum, 10 images maximum. Send the PDF, with your file number, by email to email@example.com.
5 – Portfolio
The portfolio will be submitted as a PDF file, 15 pages maximum and 4Mb maximum.
The portfolio will be organized as follows:
• page 1: full first and last name, contact information and file number
• page 2: Resumé
• page 3: Designer/Artist statement
• pages 4-13: Digital images of your work labeled with name of designer/artist, title of work, medium, dimensions, date of art work, function of the piece if applicable, and estimated selling price.
• Page 14: valid and active web link (with password, if necessary). YouTube, Vimeo, or any other platform is acceptable.
• Page 15: full description of site-specific projects (if applicable)
Please label your PDF portfolio as follows: first and last name, file number, NAGUS 2018 and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.